After much pressure, Disney finally shut their doors of their popular parks as of Sunday. For those with passes or had a vacation planned this is a necessary disappointment. However, thanks to some memory collecting patrons, you still have an opportunity to hang out with Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, all from the safety and comfort of your home.
Thanks to the many videos that have been uploaded to YouTube, you and your kids can be momentarily transported to Orlando or Anaheim and experience many ride-throughs videos from park-goers who’ve documented themselves going down attractions like Space Mountain and Slinky Dog Dash. You can even experience the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Hollywood Studios which features their new trackless technology.
The Disney parks will remain closed until the end of the month, at which time they “will continue to stay in close contact with appropriate officials and health experts” and provide their customers with schedule updates.
So until the gates open again, here are some of the rides you can enjoy virtually as we all practice some very important social distancing.
- Ride through Space Mountain located in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom.
- Experience Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Take a fun boat ride on It’s A Small World in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom.
- Stop at Epcot and say “Hi” to Elsa, Olaf, and more on Frozen Ever After.
- Take a quick jaunt under the sea on The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.
- Make a trip to Neverland and ride on Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Travel through “a cartoon universe” on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- While at Magic Kingdom, “Yo Ho, Yo Ho” your way through the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
- Go on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland
- And, duuudeee, you totally have to experience The Seas with Nemo & Friends.
So during this time of added stress and concerns, this should be used as a nice mental break that you can enjoy with your kids. Go ahead. We all need a little Disney magic to get through our day.